Saturday, November 10, 2018

November 10, 2018, Mortar Attack


Greetings to all of you who are still following this blog!

Today, I ran across a  website that is related to some of my photos, posted previously.

It tells the more detailed story about a mortar attack that occurred in January, 1966, that resulted in the death of an Airman. I added the link to this blog as: "Mortar Attack, January, 1966".

I posted 3 photos that I took of the damaged USAF pick-up truck on June 30th, 2017, "Battle Damage".

Below is an aerial photo, I borrowed from that website, showing where the mortar strike and death occurred. I lived in the "H" shaped barracks, furthest to the right, across from the Petroleum, Oils, & Lubricants (POL) storage area. However, I was not there at the time of the attack, as I was working nights on the grave-yard shift (1900-0700 hrs.) in the main USAF hangar on the flight-line.


1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog. Great photography. The photos brought memories from 50 odd years ago of my time in Vietnam. Hope you will post from Photo. Thank you for your service.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and requests are welcome!